With acai bowls for breakfast, the buddha bowls are another one of this years food trends. Comprising of lots of colour and variety, these bowls full of vegetables, grains and protein will leave you feeling happy and satisfied.
They are really easy to make and you can make in advance and simply assemble when you are ready to eat!
TURMERIC MASHED POTATO
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- a swish of olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
LEMON HERB DRESSING
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- salt to taste
- poached egg
- greens - I used a combination of spinach and rocket
- nuts and seeds - I used pepitas, sunflower seeds and almonds
- I added some shredded chicken breast
- TURMERIC MASHED SWEET POTATOES: Heat sweet potatoe with olive oil in fry pan over medium high heat. Add the turmeric and toss to coat. Add the garlic and vegetable broth. Simmer until the potatoes are soft and the liquid is almost all absorbed - around 20 - 30 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and mash. Season with salt and pepper.
- DRESSING: Combine all ingredients in a blender/nutri-bullet and season to taste.
- BOWLS: SIMPLY ASSEMBLE!